World Peace Flame
The World Peace Flame is a symbol of peace, unity, freedom and celebration.
The World Peace Flame represents the belief that the essential freedom of the human spirit can create peace at any time under any circumstance – a view endorsed by the millions of people who have lit the World Peace Flame as a symbol of this dream. This concept inspires people worldwide that each individual plays a crucial role in creating peace in the world.
Our lineage, from both Dru Yoga, Dru Meditation and Aikido, share the same vision; one of peace and harmony as represented by the World Peace Flame. Tatami Studio’s mission is to continue to foster peace and apply the Art of Peace to all we encounter, in our classes, communities and world wide.
Purchase an authentic World Peace Flame candle or lantern at Tatami Studio or make a donation and help us build a monument to this cause.
History of The World Peace Flame
The World Peace Flame has been burning since July 1999, when seven flames, lit by eminent peacemakers on seven continents, were flown by military and commercial aircraft to North Wales in the United Kingdom.
On July 31st the seven flames were brought together and united into one flame in Bangor Wales, UK. This one flame has continuously been burning since July 1999, and has been passed to every country of the world through World Peace Flame candles, lanterns and torches. This flame is being lit by thousands of people daily as a dedication to peace. The now legendary World Peace Flame, a universal symbol for global peace and unity, is bringing hope to millions of people worldwide.
Purchase Your Candle at Tatami Studio
The candles and lanterns for sale at Tatami Studio have been lit from the original World Peace Flame that was lit in July 1999 in Bangor Wales, UK. Seven living flames from each of the seven continents of the world were united to create a single flame; the World Peace Flame. The World Peace Flame is a living symbol of hope for the creation of a culture of peace.
Tatami Studio is dedicated to building a World Peace Flame monument in Winnipeg and you can help support this vision by purchasing a candle or lantern.
All funds will go towards this cause.
World Peace Flame Initiatives
The World Peace Flame is dedicated to achieving peace through a process of education and the practical support of grassroots peace initiatives:
- installing World Peace Flame monuments worldwide
- presenting World Peace Flames to international decision makers
- introducing peace education into schools worldwide through a World Peace Flame educational package
- lighting World Peace Flame as a source of inspiration in thousands of homes, schools, workplaces, hospitals and places of worship around the world
- producing books, DVDs and CDs that teach peace through personal development
- humanitarian projects
World Peace Flame Monuments
World Peace Flame monuments burn eternally, acting as a catalyst bringing people together to build peace. World Peace Flame monuments become a meeting point, the first monument in The Hague, Netherlands, is viewed by an estimated 100,000 people per year.
- People use the presence of the monument as a focus for peace in many ways.
- Some simply come and sit by the monument for personal peace or inspiration.
- Friends meet by the monuments when they want inspiring conversation.
- Schools help in their upkeep and use them as a focal point for peace-building activities.
- Community groups use the monument as a meeting point, serving as a unifying factor, bringing communities together throughout the world. It represents what is common to all people and upholds our human need for a unified, peaceful world where people work together for the good of all.
World Peace Flame Meditation
Light a World Peace Flame candle and relax. Sit comfortably for a few moments and focus on your breathing.
- Take 3 deep breaths
- On the next inhalation think: “I am peace”
- As you exhale quietly think: “I give peace”
- Repeat and relax into the vastness of peace you have created
For more information, please visit worldpeaceflame